Monday 30 July 2012

Review! Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara, Revlon Age Defying Foundation

I got these 2 products around a week ago from my work and they were very cheap! The Revlon foundation was meant to be retailed at £12.99 but from my work was only £2.99 so I thought why not just buying it an try it out. The Maybelline mascara was only £2.99 instead of £8.19 from Boots, so again I thought might aswell try it out and review it for you all.

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara
Does exactly what it says on the tube "No clumps, separation, voluptuous volume" It coats every lash leaving it separated, looking long and voluptuous! I have very stubborn lashes and not exactly the longest in the world but once they have been curled with my eyelash curler then they can be a bit more cooperative. The brush it a plastic brush which I find appeals to me a lot more than the normal traditional brushes but that has changed and I have been liking the traditional brushes more but hey ho! Like I said above I've worn and trailed this mascara for a little under a week and my lashes have stayed up and look amazing throughout the day and they haven't slumped like most mascaras make my lashes do after a good few hours in the wind and fiddling with my eyes. I'd give this mascara 8/10 and it's definitely become one of my favourites although I wish I didn't get the waterproof, too much effort to get off.

Before mascara
After mascara 

Revlon Age Defying Foundation

This foundation....Ehhh! It has good coverage but nothing too speculator! I like the idea of being able to turn it on a off which might not be great for some people but I am easily amused, the brush at the end is another good idea although I feel like it will become dirty and that I won't be able to wash it from all the dirt and bacteria that will come from my face. If I was or wanted to wash the brush then it is very possible I could ruin the foundation and the way it comes out from the tube. When applying this foundation it felt like I was plastering it on and not getting that much coverage out of it, the texture on my face was a little uncomfortable as it felt like I was literally caked in my own foundation. For the constancy feeling like that on my face there was not a great amount of coverage which was disappointed as it did look kinda nice on. For the price I can't complain but for the retail price it is a bit high on price for the poor quality. I'd give this foundation a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment